To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Electromagnetic Systems team is responsible for the design and development of the Hyperloop Propulsion Motor, Levitation, and Guidance Systems. These systems are all electromechanical in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of exceptional engineers in the areas of Electromagnetics, Mechanical Design, Heat Transfer, Materials Science, Testing, Controls and Embedded Systems, and Electrical System Modeling. We are seeking candidates with broad skillsets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. In this position you will have the opportunity to work on one of the most challenging, revolutionary, and historic transportation applications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Senior Thermal Analyst is responsible for:
- Designing thermal management systems for various propulsion, levitation, and guidance related systems and sub-systems
- Analysis and verification of preliminary and detail design with hand calculations and numerical modeling
- Designing tests for validating computational models
- Preparing and presenting of results
- Collaborate with adjacent systems on requirements, interfaces, and system capability
- Working with internal teams and external vendors to ensure timely completion of development and functional hardware
- Occasional travel to the Hyperloop test site outside of Las Vegas maybe required
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
The candidate must have practical engineering experience in thermal management system design and analysis. They must be able to develop feasible design solutions to complex problems and thrive in a team environment.
In addition, the candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Team oriented: you are comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives. You desire to truly understand the goals and needs of your teammates.
- Dynamic and creative: you thrive in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. You welcome the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change.
- Ability to make decisions, and effectively lead tasks and meet challenging deadlines
- Experience developing a product from concept to production
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and interpret a variety of abstract and concrete variables and provide solutions to difficult problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education/work experience
NICE TO HAVE
- S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with design or analysis of electric motor thermal management systems or sub-systems
- Experience with design or analysis of electronics thermal management systems or sub-systems
- Experience with motor or electronics thermal performance and life testing
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Career Growth: work on challenging projects and gain new experience interacting with a wide range of engineering and non-engineering disciplines