Head of Capacity Planning at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 800+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
Clutter is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Director of Capacity Planning to help build a world-class moving and storage business that delivers goods on time, in excellent condition, and at the best possible cost. As the single threaded leader responsible for optimizing Clutter’s supply chain, this person will be responsible for developing the roadmap for our end-to-end network including long-term capital and capacity planning (both fleet and storage), S&OP process development, labor planning, and improved forecasting processes. This role will also be responsible for developing a concrete vision for the structure and staffing of the supply chain function, including the creation of new workflows with field operations, analytics, product, and technology.
The Director of Capacity Planning will create the long-term vision, implement strategies, and corresponding roadmaps for Cutter’s operation using data, tools, and mechanisms. The Director will act as a bridge between new product development, technology, and operations to solve complex problems through scalable automation.
- Managing cross-functional initiatives, organizing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations
- Partnering with leaders across Clutter to drive continuous improvement and Lean philosophy at scale
- Work with Product Managers, business leaders, and the executive team to drive critical business initiatives
- Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones and performance across all projects
- Establish and continually improve the consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the organization’s project delivery capability by providing leadership in best practices
- Drive network-level performance improvement by designing and implementing systems, metrics and programs that maximize compliance and continuous improvement. This includes completion of root cause analysis on all defects and using these data to drive continuous improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a supply chain/operations discipline from accredited university or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics or warehousing
- 10+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
- Strong data extraction, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques; Excellent Excel/SQL/Data Visualization skills
- Lean/Six Sigma Experience preferred
- Experience in a start-up environment preferred, including building teams and processes from the ground up
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.