Director, Data Science at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Engineering at BCGDV
Our multidisciplinary engineering team tackles challenges at their core. From product and test engineers to full stack engineers and data scientists, these venture builders all share a passion for innovative and emerging digital solutions. Working in collaboration with product and design teams, they use cutting-edge and custom technologies to imagine, build and launch breakthrough digital businesses that disrupt markets and generate untold value for businesses and consumers alike.
The Director, Data Science is responsible for demonstrating and communicating a passion for building the data foundation, products and capabilities that drive business growth.
- Build innovative data products (e.g. real-time services, such as personalization and commerce graphing using Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing or computer vision)
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering, senior stakeholders
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the BCG Digital Ventures team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
You should have:
- Techniques like: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, NLP, Graph Theory, AI
- One or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, or Scala
- Hands on leadership skills, still coding, looking at data, showing by example
- 5+ years of managing high performance data science teams in a product development environment
- Commercial involvement in evangelizing AI driven product
- Ability to collaborate with engineering teams to develop prototypes and software products that can be deployed across varied environments (e.g. cloud, on-premises, devices, etc.)
- Big Data and Fast Data (i.e. real time streaming)
- Ability to work with clients and executives
Additional desired competencies:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience with DS/ML/AI, including expertise in recommendation systems, personalization, collaborative filtering, computer vision and content-based filtering
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.