Director Data Management, Platform Operations
Director Data Management, Platform Operations
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a Director Data Management, Platform Operations. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
The Director Data Management, Platform Operations will be responsible for leading data management activities to support automated content creation and distribution workflows on the Deluxe One platform. The position will lead a team responsible for normalizing, curating, & augmenting Title, Asset, Order, & Profile data in support of content fulfillment automation. The position will enforce governance and compliance rules to ensure upstream data quality and enable end to end automation. The position will define business rules to automate the augmentation, transformation, and validation of incoming data. The position will work with product owners and developers to define requirements and priorities to deploy end to end automation. The Director Data Management, Platform Operations will work with internal and external teams to ensure that data and requirements are accurate, timely, and structured properly for workflow automation. This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
- Lead data management team day to day operational activities
- Lead customer data integration initiatives to support automated content creation and distribution workflows on the Deluxe One platform
- Define data governance SOPs and implement compliance processes
- Interface with end users from various internal and external groups to ensure master data management excellence
- Implement global processes and governance to streamline the migration of existing clients and new customers to the Deluxe One Platform
- Define, prioritize, and communicate status and integrity of data; working with others to understand timelines and needs
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with databases (Relational, SQL, Elastic)
- Responsible for updating and reporting configuration issues by communicating via creating or updating incidents and email advisements, this involves problem solving through precise documentation and effective follow up
- Must have ability to make sound judgments when dealing with issues that arise during troubleshooting and have the skills to determine the appropriate action to be taken for a given situation; must be able to prioritize instantly to prevent missed deadlines
- Provide timely, accurate, professional and responsive support, verbally and via email, to internal and external customer/clients to resolve all issues reported and take proactive steps to prevent the conflict/problem from reoccurring
- Ability to generate required reports from the system as well as read and utilize information
- Provide feedback and suggestions to management for improved customer satisfaction, process improvements and system enhancements
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate degree or above preferred
- 5+ years experience in driving efficiencies and building processes around master data management in support of media distribution
- Extensive understanding of content fulfilment, digital workflows, asset and data management systems/platforms.
- Experience exhibiting overall understanding and knowledge of the video post-production process, media operations, and/or digital video deliveries for broadcast & OTT platforms
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude, ability to maintain professionalism in a high stress situation, and project self as a team player.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.