About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
The Director of BI, Data Products will champion a Data-as-a-Product approach, responsible for planning, leading, managing and executing the product roadmap utilizing Pluto TV’s enterprise data assets in partnership with multiple business units at Pluto TV.
This role will be key to the rollout new data driven products and platform reporting, and will partner with the BI Insights team, business units and other technology teams across Pluto TV to analyze user needs, document user stories and solutions, prioritize themes and epics based on business metrics, and lead data tracking and certified reporting for our streaming video platform.
This leader will be responsible for ensuring Pluto TVs core data reporting systems are meeting the needs of the business. This team will have a central role in strategy, requirements definition and prioritization for Data Ingestion, Data Accessibility, and Business Intelligence.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Be the Product Manager for the Data Warehouse platform, enabling enterprise analytics applications and functional analytics and data science solutions.
- Proven project management success in a rigorous, results driven environment; ability to establish processes, create transparency and gain consensus to deliver against agreed upon timelines
- Significant experience leading a team of SQL development, data architecture, BI application development and data visualization development and reporting tools
- Combine the voice and user needs and business requirements to build both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans of features and capabilities. Lead prioritization, stakeholder management and delivery for the ingestion, processing and availability of data
- Partner with technical teammates to handle data and event tracking specifications, SQL development and query optimization for product launches
- Develop detailed data product specifications with user scenarios and acceptance criteria and success measures
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering, Architecture, Product and Program Management teams to develop, test and deliver high quality products and features that meet end users' and internal business' needs
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end user education, rollout, iteration and support
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 7-10 years in data product management experience with building and delivering successful data products, services and capabilities; must be able to run the end-to-end delivery of data warehousing solutions
- Requires advanced SQL background - extracts, views, data shares for analytical outputs, and statistical profiling
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise data visualization, Tableau preferred
- Good understanding of cloud database architecture, schema development, data modeling - Snowflake, Redshift, MongoDB, etc.
- Planning acumen and proven skill in pragmatic work breakdown / MVP definition
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skill especially the ability to lead through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Knowledge of analytic tagging management solutions and mobile tracking platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Kochava, Adjust, Appsflyer or Tune, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Knowledge and experience of agile/scrum product development
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Math, Science, or related field preferred
- Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using vast data sets
- Experience with Alteryx Designer and Alteryx Server is a plus
- Industry experience in video streaming, OTT, Social Platforms, CRM tools, Direct to consumer marketing, Ecommerce