Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Pluto TV team! You will use advanced statistical methods to proactively resolve business problems for the supported business unit.
The Data Scientist will be supporting one, or more, of the following groups: Marketing, Distribution, Revenue, Engineering, Entertainment, Retention, and Innovation. This role will be part of the Business Intelligence team and will be reporting to the Head of Data Science, Analytics, and Data Engineering.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Building models (e.g. content scoring, revenue attribution, etc.)
- Servicing multiple ad hoc requests in a timely manner
- Providing data analysis and recommendations to the business group to make significantly more data directed decisions
- Supporting the business group by building and proactively suggesting reports and dashboards that would be useful for that group
- Using A/B and Multivariate testing methodology for product and feature improvements.
- Ensuring regularity and standardization in data, metrics, and analysis.
- 1 to 3 years of commercial experience in a data analyst or data scientist role
- Masters or PhD degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Expertise in statistical data mining techniques (i.e GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, Text Mining, Social Network Analysis, etc)
- Comfortable questioning and challenging customers to understand their requirements to reach the best solutions Mastery in SQL and Tableau, D3 or similar data visualization products (PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Looker, etc.)
- Strong scripting skills, particularly in Python (as opposed to SQL scripting) in order pull data from SQL and non-SQL sources
- Experience and comfort working with unstructured/non-standardized data
- Experience as an analyst or data scientist in one or more of the following domains strongly preferred: Marketing, Distribution, Revenue, Customer Retention, Engineering, and/or Entertainment
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.