How You'll Contribute...
- Query complex data stores to retrieve data
- Research opportunities for data acquisition, feature engineering, and new uses for existing data
- Describe data using statistics and data visualization tools/techniques
- Build new models to reliably provide accurate predictions
- Tune existing machine learning models to improve their accuracy or reduce run-time
- Write reliable, reusable, code that follows team best practices and style guides
What We're Looking For...
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with data
- 2+ years of real-world experience programming in R and/or Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- A strong ability in statistical modeling and analysis to provide rigorous solutions that address the business needs
- Classification methods (e.g., Neural Net, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, KNN, SVM, Random Forest)
- Regression methods (e.g., Linear, Nonlinear, Boosted Regression Trees )
- Clustering methods (e.g., K-means, Fuzzy C-means, Hierarchical Clustering, Mixture Modelling)
- Time-series Modelling/Forecasting (e.g., AR, ARMA, GARCH, Exponential Smoothing)
- Statistical Analysis (e.g., Hypothesis Testing, Experiment Design, Hierarchical Modeling, Bayesian Inference)
- Strong problem-solving skills, and an ability to apply them in the context of a fast-paced business environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including explaining advanced techniques to a wide variety of audiences
- First author publications
- Substantial experience or coursework in machine learning or algorithm design
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with SEM/SEO and digital marketing
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!