Data Scientist at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Develop analytics, machine learning, natural language, artificial intelligence, and software solutions in support of National Security Space, civil and commercial customers. Possible projects include trend forecasting, process automation, dashboard development, data storyboarding and other solutions to challenging data problems.
This position is available as an Aerospace Corporation Member of the Technical Staff or Senior Member of the Technical Staff.
- Develop analytics, machine learning, natural language, artificial intelligence, and software solutions Maintain awareness of cutting-edge machine learning/deep learning, computer vision, and natural language processing techniques and research.
- Recommend innovative approaches to solving nationally important analytical challenges.
- Work individually and as part of a cross-organizational data science team.
- Summarize and present analysis findings to corporate and government customers.
Required Qualifications for Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
- Bachelor’s degree in natural science, engineering, mathematics, economics or related STEM discipline
- Two or more years of post-bachelors related experience, which can include graduate studies
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methods and machine learning methods
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms, including Deep Learning, for computer vision, pattern recognition, anomaly detection, and the development of predictive models
- Familiar with Statistical, Machine Learning and Data Processing Libraries in Python, Scala or Julia
- Experience with non-structured data, signal data, text, or image
- Experience building Deep Learners and Shallow feature extractors in Tensorflow or Keras (or similar)
- Experience in either Natural Language Processing (recommenders) or Computer VisionAble to distill business and engineering problems into data-driven problems
- SQL/NoSQL skills
- Strong programming skills in Python required.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Must be able to work effectively within a diverse team of engineers, scientists, data scientists, and software engineers
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
Additional Requirements for Sr. Member of Technical Staff (Sr. MTS)
- Five or more years of post-bachelors related experience, which can include graduate studies
- Graduate degree in a STEM field
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with virtual containers (Docker, etc.)
- Experience with Hive, Pig, Hadoop, or Spark
- Experience with D3 and Flask
- Knowledge in Design of Experiments
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.