Data Operations Analyst at GumGum
Through patented computer vision technology, GumGum Sports provides measurement of sports sponsorships to its clients. Our technology reduces turnaround times and produces more accurate and consistent valuations across all channels. We provide a holistic view of media valuation, unlocking the value of millions of videos and images being shared by thousands of fans.
The goal of this role is to focus on active quality-assurance and training for our international image & video annotation vendor. This role will be responsible for reviewing our data holistically to identify errors and patterns, manage data issues, monitor and validate our Accuracy rate by reviewing a subset of data. As a QA specialist you will provide direct feedback on areas of improvement. The position will work cross-functionality with the GumGum Sports Data Operations Manager, and the GumGum Sports Customer Success Team in order to develop strategies and training to improve overall data quality.
This individual should possess a strong attention to detail, analytical and organization skills, the ability to create clear and concise feedback reports, and a strong data integrity with a constant strive for perfection in terms of accuracy. This role will be critical in working with the Data Operations Manager to develop and implement key data quality strategies and partner with and Product to drive scalability of QA.
- Quality Assurance and Accuracy Feedback:
- Lead QA Specialist for data annotations
- Provide consistent feedback and present QA feedback reports and answer general annotation questions and flagged post questions
- Leverage Looker and other BI tools to review broadcast and streaming values over time and identify value outliers and proactively surface errors in analysis
- Contribute to the development and refinement of QA processes
- Data Validation and Reporting
- Analyze and review a subset of annotated data to validate the accuracy rate provided and identify issue areas or patterns
- Use Looker to assist in creating accuracy data reports to ensure benchmarks are being met
- Partnership with Product
- Ideate on the future of the QA workflows
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Start-up experience preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Experience leading training programs and providing consistent coaching and feedback
- Experience working with data and analytics and performing quality assurance checks across large sets of data
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to create clear and detailed QA feedback reports
- High data integrity with constant strive for perfection in terms of data accuracy
- Strong communicator with good response time and ability to coach and train at a high level
- Passionate about sports
- Confidence to deliver consistent feedback whether positive or negative
- Initiative to solve problems autonomously
- Diligent, detailed, and hard working in all tasks
- Ability to wear many hats and work with different teams
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employer + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Leaders: How to make priority a self care - featuring GumGum CEO
Contextual Wins - a Message from our CEO
BuiltInLA Best Places to work 2020
Inc. Magazine Best Places to Work 2020
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
Front Office Sports - Rising 25 members
GumGum x Ad Council Partnership - Love has no labels
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)