ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 900,000 members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process.
We are looking for a brilliant, dedicated, and hardworking engineer to help us build high impact products alongside our Data Strategy Team. Our site sees millions of unique visitors every month, and our customer growth currently makes us one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in Los Angeles. We need your amazing software engineering skills to help us execute our Data Science initiatives and turn them into products that will provide great value to our members. In this role, we are hoping to bring someone in who is equally excited about our mission, learning the tech behind the company.
- Develop jobs that can process terabytes of data using Spark or Dask
- Utilize the power of Elasticsearch and Kafka to take our search to the next level by implementing autocomplete and personalization features
- Optimize and manage our Data Warehouse
- Leverage Data Science to transform our product experience by personalizing it to our member’s tastes and behavior through the use of our recommendation system
- Deliver a new CRM system that will dramatically improve how we communicate with our members with the most relevant offers and recommendations
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team
- Computer science background
- Proficiency programming in both Python and Java
- Experience using a data visualization frameworks such as Tableau, Looker, Domo, Matplotlib, Seaborn or related program
- RDBMs/Elasticsearch/NoSQL experience
- Experience with large scale data analysis and ETL in Spark, Spark Streaming, Pandas, Hive
- REST API development Experience is preferred
- Experience with AWS is prefered (ec2, Redshift, EMR, S3, DMS)
- Excellent communication skills, fun personality and a strong sense of curiosity
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- THE PERKS
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog Friendly Office
- On-site Yoga
- 401k plan
- Stocked kitchen
- Lunch provided 5 days per week
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
We're a community of more than 900,000 members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive work place that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (424) 291-9534 and we’ll be happy to assist you.© Thrive Market 2020 All rights reserved.
Read Full Job Description