Greater LA Area
Who we are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. Since 2015, we’ve paid our players over $8 millions — all without ever taking a dime from our players.
We’re looking for intelligent people to join our team in building out Lucky Day and our exciting new products from the ground up.
What you'll do
First and foremost, our team is intrinsically motivated and driven. We encourage each other to be curious, experiment and ask for help. Everyone has a voice - it’s who we are as a team, and it’s how we build great products.
At Lucky Day, we work closely with a nimble team to push the envelope toward outstanding user experiences. As the Data Engineer you will be responsible for leading and supervising our Lucky Day data team of engineers as they develop, test, and create scalable data warehouses and pipelines for the first version of the product and ongoing product development.
- Design and implement ETL processes and pipelines.
- Partner closely with data and engineering team to define roadmaps and setup data infrastructure.
- Maintain and administrate the data warehouse.
- Data modeling, process design and overall data pipeline architecture.
- Ensure the data quality and consistency with monitoring and support, and play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs.
- Work closely with the Product, Data Science & BI teams to design, build & test end-to-end solutions.
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field such as Computer Science, data engineering or equivalent work
- 2+ years of experience in data management or analysis
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of programming experience with one of the programming languages, such as python
- Experience working with data warehouses, preferably Snowflake
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool (Tableau, Amplitude, Mode, preferably Periscope)
- Self-starter attitude and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Extensive experience with design & development of relational databases and data warehouses.
- Advanced level of proficiency in SQL development.
- Strong knowledge & expertise with Python, Spark, Shell scripting.
- Extensive ETL development experience with large-scale DBS or big data systems such as Snowflake.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Performance bonuses
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work one-on-one with your coach/mentor to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.
Read Full Job Description