FabFitFun is one of L.A.’s best places to work and its amazing success has been achieved due to our amazing business initiatives (over 1 million members), dedicated leadership, inclusive corporate culture, and career growth opportunities. Guided by our company values, FFF seeks to maintain a work culture that encourages innovation, rewards creativity, values teamwork, and supports inclusion and equity. The company endeavors to foster confidence, effectiveness, and success for all employees who work with these values every day.
We are seeking a Data Architect to join our Data Engineering team. You will be responsible for the architecture of our Data stack, ETL pipelines, data models and overall integration with external and internal data sources. You will collaborate closely with Analytics, Data Science, and Engineering teams to design solutions for data products, tools, services and infrastructure while being an expert on data architecture and operations. You will turn data into a craft that helps us better understand our customers and business and bring us one step closer to our goal of achieving personalization.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Infrastructure, Analytics & Data Science teams to design and develop the architecture of FabFitFun’s Enterprise Data Lake, Data Vaults/Hub, Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Marts with batch & streaming big data technologies, primarily on the AWS stack
- Responsible for design and promotion of the process and system for Data Quality and Data Governance
- Coordinate with technical and business teams to ensure consistency of data requirements and systems evolving with the business and technology growth
- Work closely with other architects to draw out technology/data roadmap and evolution path
- Promote and develop data architecture best practices, guidelines, procedures and frameworks
- Provide solutions, recommendations, documentation and training to the technical and business teams for continuous improvement of building a data-driven business
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years experience in highly distributed and scalable data systems architecture and development
- Proficiency with AWS and/or Hadoop ecosystems with deep understanding of distributed computation and storage systems
- Experience building scalable Enterprise Data Warehouse on Redshift/Snowflake/Vertica
- Proven expertise with ETL Tools and frameworks such as Talend/Informatica/SSIS
- Experience working with Java, Python and scripting languages
- Experience building, managing and tuning a high volume OLAP system
- Expert level knowledge of data modeling and experience in building the enterprise data warehouse
- Advanced knowledge of data management systems, process, practices and standards
- Strong organizational, presentation and analytical skills
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Excellent communication skills and cross-team / cross-company collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field of study with quantitative background; MS preferred. Certifications or related course work in Data Modeling, Analytics, Data Warehousing and Data Structures.
- Experience on e-commerce and/or subscription service products is a huge plus!
- Experience architecting data lake and DW stack is a huge plus
- Experience in building data system and architecture that supports machine learning & AI
What You Get:
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k and equity incentives
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, driven, and happy people
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing eCommerce
- Open/Flexible PTO policy - we trust our employees to manage their time!
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly work from home stipend while the company is temporarily remote