Data Analyst, Monetization at MobilityWare
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
As a Data Analyst focusing on ad monetization, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the advertising funnel for monetization. By leveraging analytics, statistical analysis and industry trends, you work will directly impact the revenue growth at MobilityWare. You will be the expert in understanding monetization trends in our games and identify areas where we can expand monetization including identifying new GEO opportunities, placements for advertisements and deficiencies with ad monetization. You will work closely with both Marketing and Product teams to help facilitate revenue and user growth through analysis, data visualizations and statistical models, leveraging large amounts of user and advertising data. Additionally, you will be expected to work with DBAs and data engineering teams to ensure data quality and events are in place to create actionable insights.
- Data visualizations and ad hoc analyses to facilitate revenue growth
- GEO/user segmentation to identify new opportunities for revenue and user base growth
- Working with ad providers to optimize yield
- Lifetime value modeling including IAP and ad-based apps
- Ad waterfall management and optimization
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced preferred) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Economics or in Computer Science with Modeling/Data Science coursework
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience using relational databases, visualization tools and customer data platforms (CDP)
- 3+ Years Work Experience in gaming or mobile gaming analytics, marketing analytics or eCommerce including experience with building predictive models
- Experience with statistical inference and advanced analytics techniques (A|B testing, ANOVA, regression, decision trees etc.)
- Ability to work productively with others in a highly collaborative manner across multiple teams
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free drink, free Annual Company trip
- Casual workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility