Contracts Operations Analyst at BlackLine
The Contracts Operations Analyst will be responsible for reviewing contracts and other agreements for accuracy, consistency and clarity between multiple documents and versions. This position will help avoid contractual disputes and financial losses by ensuring that updated terms and conditions are maintained in the official system of record. The role will work closely with the GTM Operations team and serve as a liaison to the Contract Services department.
- Validate, audit and maintain accuracy of contract terms and conditions including renewal dates, price caps, notice periods and signature requirements.
- Process and understand multiple, complex streams of information and be able to translate it in simple, clear and concise terms.
- Provide a high level of contract support services, including the interpretation of complex legal issues.
- Act as key contact for Sales to understand how to convert, update and interpret contractual issues such as Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestiture, and Liquidation.
- Serve as key point of contact for internal customers regarding contractual matters.
- Ensure timely review of contract modifications and communications of changes and notices to the internal stakeholders as well as all required approvals are obtained prior to submittal of contracts for execution.
- Utilize key systems and processes that support the workflow, including contract management software and information repositories.
- Responsible for communicating contract related issues to next management level.
- Manage data in SalesForce.com for accuracy and reporting.
- Cross-train on additional Renewal and Quote to Cash processes as needed.
- Work in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Past success in demonstrating an ability to work effectively with multiple teams and stakeholders while generating energy, creating clarity and delivering results to the team and broader organization.
- Previous experience with Contracts and Contract Legal Review
- Immense attention to detail
- Contributes through solid experience, collaboration and problem resolution
- Excellent analytical capabilities and writing skills
- Experience using office productivity software and contract management tools, such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve
- Highly motivated individual with demonstrated initiative, independence and adaptability
- Experience in contracting, sales, customer support, or commercial operations
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.