Business Intelligence Analyst at Deluxe Entertainment
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a Data Analyst, Business Intelligence. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
The Data Analyst, Business Intelligence will be responsible for creating and publishing Tableau reports as well as conducting data analysis, using internal and external data sources. The position will work with an internal team to gather and analyze report requirements, build client and LOB-specific Tableau dashboards, and assist in identifying and maintaining data governance policies across Deluxe systems. This position is based out of Burbank, CA and will report to Manager, Business Intelligence.
- Ability and experience working with Business Leads to understand business needs, define scope and translate requirements into technical specifications
- Work with internal team and lines of business to design and build BI reports and dashboards to drive key business and product decisions
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and queries for data analysis and extraction
- Conduct analysis to identify trends, anomalies, and insights within enterprise system data
- Engage with internal teams globally to ensure that data sources are accurate, timely, and structured properly to support all internal and external needs
- Maintain data quality standards and best practice in our core data pipelines and datasets
- Provide timely, accurate, professional and responsive support, verbally and via email, to internal and external customer/clients to resolve all issues reported and take proactive steps to prevent the conflict/problem from reoccurring
- Conduct training, knowledge-sharing and best practice communication related to projects, services, and providers
- Execute additional data initiatives identified by team leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in gathering reporting requirements, identifying KPIs, and building Tableau workbooks and dashboards
- Strong knowledge of scripting and other coding languages, including SQL and Python
- Experience applying machine learning and predictive analytics to extract critical information from collected data sets
- Strong analytical/data/modelling skills, with the ability to synthesize business requirements and questions, source and analyze data, build conclusions and articulate actionable recommendations
- High level understanding and knowledge of the video post-production process, media operations, and/or digital content delivery workflows for broadcast & OTT platforms
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Must demonstrate positive attitude, ability to maintain professionalism in a high stress situation, and project self as a team player
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.