WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for an Analytics Engineer who will be responsible for building and maintaining complex systems for the purpose of aggregating, visualizing and interpreting critical business data sets.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Drive the design, development, and maintenance of innovative and scalable intelligence solutions across the organization, with the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
- Solicit input from business partners in marketing to define problems and propose solutions including supporting overall data strategies and partnership pipelines
- Develop domain expertise and drive major contributions to our data and research roadmap. Leverage our analytics tools to uncover deep business insights and trends.
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected, clean, and ready for analysis.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure. Write clean, maintainable and well-documented code to support our data processes.
- Translate ambiguous business problem statements into actionable analytical solutions.
- Manage large scale data requests and projects to define requirements, manage timelines, and coordinate activities with other involved team members.
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to reduce manual data entry wherever possible.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with business leaders and technical teams
- Performs other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field and/or equivalent work experience or education
- Expert SQL knowledge (5+years), ability to write efficient and optimized code
- Experience (3+years) with Modern scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience with Data visualization and dashboarding tools (Tableau, Salesforce, Looker, etc)
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges.
- Cloud data pipelines (e.g Fivetran, Stitch)
- Google Cloud ecosystem
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset (able to work independently as well as with a team)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.