WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for an Analytics Engineer who will be responsible for building and maintaining complex systems for the purpose of aggregating, visualizing and interpreting critical business data sets.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Drive the design, development, and maintenance of innovative and scalable intelligence solutions across the organization, with the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
- Solicit input from business partners in marketing to define problems and propose solutions including supporting overall data strategies and partnership pipelines
- Develop domain expertise and drive major contributions to our data and research roadmap. Leverage our analytics tools to uncover deep business insights and trends.
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected, clean, and ready for analysis.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure. Write clean, maintainable and well-documented code to support our data processes.
- Translate ambiguous business problem statements into actionable analytical solutions.
- Manage large scale data requests and projects to define requirements, manage timelines, and coordinate activities with other involved team members.
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to reduce manual data entry wherever possible.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with business leaders and technical teams
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field and/or equivalent work experience or education
- Expert SQL knowledge (5+years), ability to write efficient and optimized code
- Experience (3+years) with Modern scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience with Data visualization and dashboarding tools (Tableau, Salesforce, Looker, etc)
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges.
- Cloud data pipelines (e.g Fivetran, Stitch)
- Google Cloud ecosystem
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset (able to work independently as well as with a team)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Teams - Marketing 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company - Leadership 2020
- Winner of Built In LA’s Best Places to Work - Perks & Benefits 2020 & 2021
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.