Data Science Product Manager
System1 is hiring a Data Science Product Manager! This is a unique role specializing in product management of core data science technologies. We are looking for a candidate who has a product or engineering background in data science and would like to expand his/her career deeper into data science product development and management. This role requires a solid understanding of how data science systems are implemented in production environments. In addition to this, we are looking for you to lead product development on core data science architecture, data pipelines, and business modeling. You will be communicating and coordinating in a highly cross-coordinated team environment where you will collaborate daily with our Engineering, Account Management, and Product teams.
System1 is an organization centered around data and data products. We firmly believe data should inform and guide every quantitative decision process. We hire people who can utilize their broad set of technical skills to address technical challenges, as well as mentor junior team members on industry specific challenges and best practices. At System1, our Data Science team is responsible for optimizing the business across the following departments: engineering, business, product, ETL, serving, analytics, and operations.
- Lead efforts to organize and develop core data science architecture
- Develop a deep understanding of how models are built and used
- Propose new models, architectures, and data pipeline improvements
- Work directly with business stakeholders to drive optimization products forward
- Coordination role on an eight person team
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline required
- 2 years of relevant data science experience
- Experience with production data science solutions
- Adtech experience is preferred but not required
- Background in consulting a plus
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Competitive Relocation Package
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.
Read Full Job Description