YouTube Video Preditor at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY GOLDEN HIPPO
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a YouTube Video Producer/Editor who will be responsible for ideating and creating a variety of video and motion graphic content that will be used to support of Golden Hippo’s brands in
the health, wellness, beauty and pet industries.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Edit short form and long form videos for YouTube and other social media platforms
- Create motion graphics to accompany videos
- Design and create YouTube thumbnail images
- Develop video topic ideas taking into account each brand’s identity, audience, and current trends
- Analyze YouTube analytics for your work in order to improve future videos and overall success of the channels you lead
- Log and track progress of your projects
- Work collaboratively with video department and copywriters during pre-production and production (script writing, filming, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 2-3+ years video editing and producing experience for YouTube / social media required
- Experience editing video content for brands in the health, wellness, pet, and beauty industries preferred
- Professional experience using video cameras and audio equipment is a major plus, but not required.
- Advanced experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop (required)
- Knowledgeable in social media - YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc
- Proficient with OS X, Google apps
- Extreme attention to detail
- Able to work both individually and in a team environment
- Able to take constructive feedback and implement edit notes
- Highly organized and able to self-prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Able wear multiple hats, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must know color grading, multi-cam editing and basic audio mixing
- Experience with typical production protocol and etiquette when dealing with talent
- Experience in managing project trackers
- Desire for continuous self-improvement, including staying up-to-date on YouTube trends and tactics for channel success
- Strong portfolio with a proven track record of creating content that has made an impact on YouTube
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN