THE COMPANY: BRAINJOLT (brainjoltmedia.com)
Brainjolt is a leading digital media company with two sites in Quantcast’s top 35 mobile sites in the U.S. We are a team of constant learners who value scrappy cleverness as much as best practices.
And it’s working. Despite a lean team, we reach 36 million users a month across our properties and social media channels with engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and more.
- Our flagship viral site, 22 Words, is ranked in the top 25 mobile sites in the country with 20M unique visitors a month.
- MagiQuiz is ranked in the top 35 mobiles sites, boasting 3-minutes on site per visitor and whopping 60% completion rate.
- Our social following is at 26 million and is growing fast.
Brainjolt is a culture of constant and continuous learners, who strive to better themselves every day.
THE OPPORTUNITY: VIDEO EDITOR (CONTRACT)
Brainjolt is looking for a part-time video editor to support our growing video demands on the social and content teams. This contract position will be 20-25 hours per week. Responsibilities include:
- Collecting and organizing raw video
- Editing video for social media platforms like Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook
- Collaborate with producing team on video elements
- Troubleshoot edit, graphic and delivery systems
- Completing multiple digital content deliverables a week
- Strong storytelling ability through the use of UGC content
How is this position measured?
- Project Comprehension and Completion
- Measurement: Per project, has less than 2 revision requests based on poor creative choices or errors.
- Time Management
- Measurement: Completes 7-10 videos a week.
- Audience Retention
- Measurement: Average watch time for videos exceeds 1 minute.
- Measurement: Average submitted video garners 1M views within 72 hours of posting
- Adobe Premiere and After Effects Proficient
- Experience with GFX and animation
- Ability to understand individual social platforms and how videos work on each
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to forecast any roadblocks and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- A love of working in a fast paced environment
- No Drama
HOW TO APPLY
We at Brainjolt are looking for creative and savvy editors who are able to make compelling and engaging social media videos that aim to surprise and delight viewers and keep them watching. This video is only for a test and will not be shared publicly.
- Using the source material provided, edit a video designed for Snapchat with a TRT between 3-5mins.
- Clearly convey a theme, narrative, and hook using UGC content, graphics, captions, and sound design.
- Video file should be 1080x1920 (9:16 aspect ratio), H.264 encoded MOV or MP4 file.
- Include captioning where needed.
- Anyone can string clips together. Make yours awesome instead.
Email your submission to [email protected] with the subject “Here’s my kickass video for Brainjolt.”
UGC Video Links
- Freelance, contract position
- 20-25 hours per week
- Remote work