JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
To prepare and deliver episodic projects, both online and color, as well as assist the artists.
TV ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
Preparations for Projects/Sessions
• Set up project folder structure on the SAN.
• Ensure all prep is downloaded and up to date.
• Ensure all elements are properly labeled.
• Ensure all lists and references are properly formatted. Notify the project producer and production coordinator of any issues.
• Ensure all required elements are present and if not notifying the project producer and production coordinator.
• Communicate with the project producer and the production coordinators any issues that may arise with elements.
• Create restore master, missing, and update EDL(s) and submit to data department.
• Parse-Conform VAMs for color with provided EDL from online.
• Color-trace project.
• Ensure all required color elements are accounted for such as drop-ins, mattes, and conform references.
• Ensure all project settings are set to the defined department standard.
• Flag and contact the project producer and night coordinator on any shots that do not line up to the reference.
• Flag and contact the project producer and night coordinator on any shots that are not delivered in the correct color space.
• Update the project producer and production coordinators on any prep issues or spec changes.
Execution of Job
• Set up color suites 15 minutes prior to session start per session requirements.
• Check color project for issues and playback performance prior to session start and client arrival.
• Keep in communications with the project producer and production coordinator on any outstanding footage needed to complete the project.
• Communicate to artist all project details necessary for the artist to execute the project.
• Confirm the details of the laydown requirements, etc with the project producer.
• Monitor the progress of a session, keeping the project producer and production coordinator up dated on its status.
• Communicate any machine downtime to the producer, production coordinator and engineering.
• Ensure artist added their session time to the work order.
• Prep and add any fx drop-in shots for the session.
• Ensure hero stills are updated and grabbed for all timelines
• Update the production coordinator team with any spec and or delivery changes.
• Communicate with the project producer and production coordinator on any additional request made by the clients in the bay.
• Render/Record project per project specs.
• Label elements as requested per project specs.
• Label finished elements clearly to indicate episode, cut number/letter, date, etc.
• Quality checking all rendered material for any missing material or corruption.
• Update the project producer and production coordinators on any cut-offs in jeopardy of being missed.
• Contact vault once elements are ready for shipping.
• Update producer and vault on any shipping updates.
• Ensure all work orders are legibly filled out with set-up, color, and render/laydown time.
• Touch base with production coordinator before leaving shift for handoff notes, etc.
• Update producers and coordinators all relevant information for all aspects of the project; Prep and Post.
• Generating Night Report with the status of the current days sessions and the following days sessions.
• Reporting all system repair needs via the EMR system. For urgent matters immediately contact the production coordinator(s).
• Keep production up-to-date on the status of any situation that directly affects the session and or is deliveries.
Requirements / Background
• Knowledge of digital capture cameras and files
• Background and/or knowledge of offline editing
• Avid and/or FCP experience
• File based workflow experience
• Knowledge of mobile storage devices and formats
• BlackMagic Resolve and/or other color correction software experience a plus Miscellaneous
• REPORTS TO: Head of Production | Episodic
• REVIEWS: Bi-annually
• STATUS: Full-time Hourly Employee