Deluxe is a leading supplier of digital post-production services, including localization. We provide scripting, theatrical dubbing, subtitling and audio services. Deluxe is a global company with a presence in 9 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios, broadcasters, OTT providers and new media and communication companies.
We have an opening for an Audio Transfer Engineer. This position will be located in Hollywood, CA.
We are seeking an Audio Transfer Engineer with specialized knowledge and extensive experience in the transfer of analog and digital film sound. The ideal candidate should have a strong knowledge of legacy audio formats and playback equipment for film, audiotape, and disc recordings.
• Transfer optical film, magnetic film, audiotape, disc recordings, and other various analog and digital formats to Pro Tools
• Create audio assets that conform to client specifications and are ready for delivery
• Evaluate audio sources for quality and configuration
• Work within pre-estimated budgets and timelines
• Provide informed, thorough information to account representatives regarding audio and source element issues as well as recommendations to address them
• Work closely with the Engineering Department to ensure that equipment is properly maintained
• Must be able to load and unload sound film and tape elements weighing up to 20 lbs. to and from rolling carts onto transfer machines
• Use Microsoft Office applications, (such as Word and Excel), to create audio QC logs and/or metadata sheets
• Ability to train and mentor less experienced transfer operators
• Other duties as assigned
• BS/BA degree preferred
• Preferred minimum of 10 years experience transferring various audio soundtrack formats, with specific knowledge of a wide range of optical and magnetic soundtrack elements (including both film and tape)
• Must also possess a strong working knowledge of and experience transferring various digital tape formats (DATs, DA-88, cassettes, etc.)
• Ability to perform playback and record alignment of various sound formats
• Must possess extensive knowledge of audio post production frame rates, time code types, audio speeds, channel configurations and metering scales
• Strong organizational skills and computer skills are required
• Must be proficient with Pro Tools, as well as MS Word, Excel and database applications
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities is key
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; experience in multimedia, software and/or creative production environment preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.