Senior Manager, Studio Operations at Golden Hippo (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Senior Manager, Studio Operations who will be responsible for leading the day-to-day studio operations at our Headquarters office and work directly with creative teams to facilitate the production of a variety of Live, VOD, and other video content.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Oversee day-to-day management and direction of studio operations function.
- Determine short and long-term department growth.
- Oversee cinematographers creative decisions and assess day-to-day performance.
- Supervise the coordination aspect as well as creative direction of the department.
- Communicate with other departments to implement requested content
- Attend/lead creative and pre-production meetings.
- Identify opportunities for original videos and ways to drive company success.
- Stay relevant on current production technologies to offer information on how to always meet department goals.
- Regularly review overall productivity through KPIs and performance goals.
- Provide daily supervision as well as mentoring, training, development and performance management of Studio Operations team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years progressive experience of crew and studio
management. Extensive knowledge of cameras,
lenses, audio and lighting. Capable of setting and
maintaining studio and engineering equipment.
- 2 years’ experience managing or leading teams.
- Proficiency in Canon, Blackmagic, and Arri camera systems.
- Must know color grading, multicam editing and basic audio mixing is preferred
- Knowledge in Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve, Google Suite, Slack, Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized, detail oriented and good communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build successful working relationships with a diverse set of partners
- Deadline oriented, ability to multi-task, wear multiple hats and work well under pressure.
- Experience with typical production protocol and etiquette when dealing with talent
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.