WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Senior Manager, Studio Operations who will be responsible for leading the day-to-day studio operations at our Headquarters office and work directly with creative teams to facilitate the production of a variety of Live, VOD, and other video content.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- Company Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Oversee day-to-day management and direction of studio operations function.
- Determine short and long-term department growth.
- Oversee cinematographers creative decisions and assess day-to-day performance.
- Supervise the coordination aspect as well as creative direction of the department.
- Communicate with other departments to implement requested content
- Attend/lead creative and pre-production meetings.
- Identify opportunities for original videos and ways to drive company success.
- Stay relevant on current production technologies to offer information on how to always meet department goals.
- Regularly review overall productivity through KPIs and performance goals.
- Provide daily supervision as well as mentoring, training, development and performance management of Studio Operations team.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5 years progressive experience of crew and studio
management. Extensive knowledge of cameras,
lenses, audio and lighting. Capable of setting and
maintaining studio and engineering equipment.
- 2 years’ experience managing or leading teams.
- Proficiency in Canon, Blackmagic, and Arri camera systems.
- Must know color grading, multicam editing and basic audio mixing is preferred
- Knowledge in Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve, Google Suite, Slack, Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized, detail oriented and good communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build successful working relationships with a diverse set of partners
- Deadline oriented, ability to multi-task, wear multiple hats and work well under pressure.
- Experience with typical production protocol and etiquette when dealing with talent
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Teams - Marketing 2021
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company - Leadership 2020
- Winner of Built In LA’s Best Places to Work - Perks & Benefits 2020 & 2021
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.