At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Production Manager will play a crucial role in the growth of Edmunds’ video and social content, joining a fast expanding team. This highly motivated, talented individual will work alongside the Senior Producer and Executive Producer to create industry-leading content for all of Edmunds’ channels.
They will develop realistic production schedules, track progress, maintain project calendars and enforce hard deadlines for the Edmunds video, photo and social media teams. Working as part of an in-house team with additional freelance support, the Production Manager will be able to juggle the operations of 10+ projects at a time, initiating and overseeing crews throughout the production process, while creating and maintaining communication between all parties. They will be asked to provide creative solutions for a variety of different setbacks and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
The Production Manager will be the process expert that will keep the team efficient and organized, from pitching projects to publishing them. This will entail creating and adhering to comprehensive budgets, managing contracts and freelance payments, and tracking and reporting on all related costs. They will traffic final content to the production and broader editorial team on a timely basis and facilitate communication and collaboration. They will also be an experienced people manager, capable of supporting and nurturing junior staff.
The ideal candidate should be extremely versatile, and should be experienced with a variety of different production formats. S/he should have a book of contacts in the L.A. area that includes sound mixers, graphic designers, cinematographers, directors and PAs, among others. This is an in-office job.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the Senior Producer and Executive Producer to create industry-leading video and social content.
- Work with editorial and sales production teams to ensure that all deadlines and budgets are met.
- Help manage project flow from start to finish, including hiring, managing, and coordinating all aspects of field production for Edmunds.
- Maintain records/files for all completed and in-progress work, including contracts, SOWs and MSAs.
- Manage timelines and due dates.
- Ensure edit time is managed correctly and on budget in conjunction with the Post-Production Supervisor.
- Manage and book freelance field crew on a weekly basis.
- Work with producers on schedule of content field production.
- Negotiate with vendors.
- Coordinate and organize production and post-production budget tracking (both hard and soft costs), finance inquiries, vendor management, legal paperwork, and Accounts Payable.
- Approve call sheets and distribute to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Manage teams of people in multiple locations.
What You Need:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive experience of devising and managing budgets for individual short form and branded content shoots up to $250,000.
- Extensive experience managing and planning health and safety assessments for large shoots and field crews.
- Great people management skills.
- Great organization habits and multitasking skills, managing multiple projects.
- Ability to act and react professionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and think proactively.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with little or no notice.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Extensive, relevant contacts.
- 3+ years experience in production management for online shows/series and short documentaries and/or commercials.
- Ability to work well with many personalities.
- High EQ aligned with IQ.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.