At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Production Coordinator will play a crucial role in the growth of Edmunds’ video and socialcontent, joining a fast expanding team. This highly motivated, talented individual will workalongside the Supervising Producer and Production Manager to create industry-leading contentfor all Edmunds’ channels. If you’re eager to learn, always looking for a solution, and can offercreative ways to contribute, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Working as part of a team, the Production Coordinator will provide various administrative services to keep the cast and crew happy and the production on schedule and within budget. They should be able to juggle the needs of 10+ projects at a time, working with crews throughout the production and post-production process, while maintaining communication between all parties. They will be asked to provide creative solutions for a variety of different setbacks and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
The Production Coordinator will correspond directly with producers, directors and production managers to fulfill practical everyday production needs while maintaining budgets and schedules. This will entail tracking contracts and freelance payments, reporting on all related costs, researching locations, booking crew, assisting with closing out projects, run various errands as required by production, and assist producers on set as needed.
The ideal candidate should be extremely versatile, and should be experienced with a variety ofdifferent production formats. S/he should have a book of contacts in the L.A. area that includesvideo editors, sound mixers, graphic designers, cinematographers, camera operators and PAs.This is an in-office job with the possibility of travel to various shoot locations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the Supervising Producer and Production Manager to create industry-leading content
- Maintain daily contact with other departments of the company, such as the Edmunds Employee Experience team, accounts payable, as well as vendors outside of the company
- Book film crews and organize shoot logistics
- Maintain records/files for all completed and in-progress work
- Coordinate accommodations for casts and crews on location
- Arrange the purchasing or rental of video equipment
- Prepare and file contracts with vendors and talent
- Generate call sheets and budgets for the Production Manager
- Provide administrative support for the VP Editorial, including organising externalmeetings, managing travel logistics and liaison with other executives.
What You Need:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional multitasking skills, managing multiple projects
- Ability to act and react professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and think proactively
- Willingness and ability to work overtime with little or no notice
- Ability to communicate clearly - verbally, visually, and in writing
- Strong Project Management skills
- Collaborative and proactive problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in coordinating online shows/series and short documentaries and/or commercials (or similar production experience)
- Portfolio of digital work/projects s/he contributed to and examples of organizational effectiveness.
- Driving is a requirement of this position and all applicants must comply with and meetthe requirements stated in Edmunds Policy on Authorized Driving and Vehicle Use;Passing a motor vehicle records check is required prior to start
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.