Manager, Production Operations (Evening)
The Operations Manager will oversee & maintain a smooth operation of the studio and ensure minimal interruption to the business, while maximizing a quality product and open communication with clients and all other departments. Additionally they will anticipate problems and provide proactive solutions in a supportive role for production, VFX/finishing departments, assists, engineering, client services and all other staff members and encourage and mentor the growth of swing shift operational staff and other junior personnel. They will create and maintain a positive working environment and team spirit to get the greatest contribution from all employees.
- Work with production/scheduling/artists/engineering/clients to determine most efficient and effective pipeline work flows when needed.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of the Night Report to ensure all session specs are documented and communicated from production/scheduling to the appropriate artists/assists/engineering staff.
- Ensure there is proper personnel coverage for all session needs.
- Escort clients to the session bays upon arrival once coordinated session is ready to start when applicable.
- Check in on production/artists/clients/assists/client services on a regular basis to make sure each session is supported.
- Monitor progress of sessions with production to make sure they are on schedule.
- Communicate any machine downtime to production/engineering/clients and arrange for other solutions to keep the session on schedule.
- Field and find solutions with production for incoming requests relating to “day of” client and/or internal session needs.
- Work with production/accounting/salesrepresentative/MD/client to make sure the billing is properly done in accordance to the client’s needs & project specifications.
- Other duties as needed or requested by MD.