Junior Instructional Designer at Centerfield
How You'll Contribute...
- Designs and develops eLearning and blended courses in accordance with adult learning theories or strategies using a disciplined and instructionally sound design approach.
- Develops and writes content for storyboards, job aids, scripts, ILTs, and content grids for eLearning, blended, and instructor-led courses.
- Uses the Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate (ADDIE) or Successive Approximation Model (SAM) instructional design models for effective development of eLearning courses.
- Uses eLearning authoring software to design, develop, and produce highly interactive eLearning courses.
- Creates, evaluates, and modifies assessments to ensure they validate learning.
- Supports overall development efforts of new projects by proactively assisting or participating in the creation of eLearning capabilities
- Contributes to creating engaging e-learning content usable across the learning management system platforms.
- Drive employee knowledge through learning assessment creation, supporting materials and learning content
- Functions and communicates effectively, adhering to deadlines, determining expectations and level of effort for all roles involved in projects.
- Able to meticulously organize and keep projects moving forward. Process driven, with strong project management skills: ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and handle a range of projects simultaneously within a high-pressure, dynamic environment
What We're Looking For...
- Knowledge of and experience with the following eLearning and multimedia development tools:
- Knowledge of and experienced in application of design methodologies including but not limited to: ADDIE model, SAM, backward design, e-learning blueprint, and interactive learning experiences.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for adult learning theory, and measurement / assessment of training methods and content.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and balance multiple ongoing projects with specified timelines while simultaneously meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Working knowledge of learning management systems, preferably Cornerstone.
- Experience in collaborating with teams and clients to manage expectations
- Excellent English-language verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, superior organizational skills.
- Must be proactive, a self-starter with ability to think independently and work autonomously when necessary
- The ability to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of instructional design, curriculum design, course development, and technology associated with creating online and blended learning solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in instructional design or instructional technology support.
- 1+ years of experience working with eLearning software
- Videography, video editing, and graphic design experience preferred but not required.
- Advanced computer skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LMS.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with ease and control.
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!