MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than nine million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
What We’re Looking For
MeUndies is looking for a Junior Copywriter to join our Creative team. This role will work very closely with our designers, Senior Copywriter, and Creative Director to continue to push the voice and tone of the company to a place that truly sets us apart. There will be opportunities to work on major brand initiatives, develop our blog, contribute to emails, social ads, website copy, and more. You will also be collaborating with our Brand, Growth, and Retention teams to help unify our brand personality across all channels.
The ideal candidate has worked in eComm in the past and knows how to craft short, punchy headlines as well as long-form blogs. Their writing is witty and empowering all at once. They must thrive in a collaborative environment and be open to honest criticism. We are looking for someone with a modern, casual voice, but also understands what works best from a dollars-and-cents/marketing perspective.
What You’ll Do
- Craft emails, ads, and website copy for various print launches.
- Partner with Retention, Brand and Growth Marketing teams to review email, various ad types, and long-form copy needs.
- Contribute to our blog with story-driven & SEO-driven posts
- Proactively identify content strategy improvements based on performance data, while partnering with Growth Marketing to provide testing ideas
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Creative and Merchandising teams to manage deadlines and ensure copy accuracy
- Use Brand identity guidelines to harness our target customer in ways we have not explored before through the use of exceptional copy.
You’ll Love This Job If You’re
- A proactive, detail-oriented and organized professional. You’re able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A strong communicator.
- A self-starter who loves collaboration. You’re comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in literally anything
- 1-3 years of copywriting experience—eCommerce experience is a plus
- Passion for writing and eagerness to collaborate with others
- Fun, storytelling writing style that is highly engaging
- Superlative grammar and proofreading skills
- An opinion on the Oxford comma
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.