Editor (Contract) at StackCommerce
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
StackCommerce is hiring an eagle-eyed, tech-savvy, proactive remote Editor (Contract) to help us polish Content Studio shoppable articles, turning good copy into great copy. This contract is for 90 days with the potential of transitioning to full-time at the completion of the contract period. The candidate should have a detail-oriented mind with operational leanings, the desire to grow their responsibility, a passion for perfecting the writing of others, and a knack for spotting errors—enthusiasm for online shopping, sharing new products, and general commerce content is a bonus.
Stack’s Content Studio produces 300+ articles every week, and the Editor will be responsible for performing hands-on editing duties for some of the top publishers on the web, as well as assisting with day-to-day operation of the studio and communication with our network of freelance writers. This is a unique opportunity to edit impactful, compelling content that goes beyond a standard product description and is viewed by massive audiences. This position requires organization, creativity, reliability, and the ability to match a variety of style guides and brand voices.
- Ensure that each product's value is conveyed to the reader in a contextualized way that matches each publisher’s audience
- Copy edit and proofread commerce articles for spelling and grammar, style and usage, formatting, and clarity
- Cross-reference product details and pricing to ensure accuracy of sale information
- Assess and revise headlines, subheadlines, and lead-in text for SEO purposes
- Quickly shift between the voice, tone, and style guide of publishers from all different verticals
- Simultaneously apply the StackCommerce house style and best practices to the same content
- Rewrite commerce content as needed
- Manage tight deadlines and prioritize workload with little supervision
- Work efficiently within our in-house CMS and Salesforce
- Communicate effectively with the editorial team to ensure any roadblocks are addressed in a timely manner
- Source and resize images to accompany articles as needed
- Liaise with freelance writers when necessary
- Assist supervising editor with daily operational and organizational tasks, such as assigning articles
- This role is a full-time contractor role working a full 40 hours per week. This role will be required to work pacific time zone hours.
- Flawless attention to detail
- English fluency
- E-commerce, marketing, and/or journalism editing background
- SEO experience
- Expert time management
- Freelancer management experience a plus
- Managing editor experience a big plus
By the numbers...
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. If you’re passionate about your work, we’d love to hear from you!