Digital Production Technician II
Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a Digital Production - Tier 2. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
Technicians are leaders and exceed expectations on a regular basis, are fully engaged, bring innovation to their role, have strong relationships across the board, demonstrate outstanding judgment, leadership, and integrity. They are strategic thinkers who can execute and drive results with near perfect accuracy. They are employees who collaborative, treat others with respect and always maintain their composure.
Tier 2 Technicians will have the following:
- Advanced knowledge of techniques and workflows concepts
- Must qualify with the following systems, as well as a basic understanding of the systems and internal protocol of a post house operation with the willingness to continue to learn: Elemental, Rhozet, FCP7, FCPX, Digital Rapids, Vantage, Clipster 5/6, AVISynth, Amberfin
- They are able to successfully complete tasks in this competency as requested. Help from an expert may be required from time to time, but you can usually perform the work independently
- Focus should be on applying and enhancing current knowledge and skill sets in advanced workflows
- Able to understand and can discuss the application and implications of changes to processes, policies and procedures
- Individual will edit, capture, compress and quality assure audio and video program material for subsequent theatrical and episodic releases.
- Provide basic and more complex broadcast quality video and audio editing utilizing industry standard hardware and software
- Ability to apply collaborative, creative, technical, and quality control skills to provide effective editorial services in a client driven, deadline oriented environment
- Work with all “Digital Production” team members to ensure that edit time is accurately estimated, communicated, executed and final deliveries are delivered on time per client specification
- Feature and TV Mastering
- FPA fixes for Photo Sensitive Epilepsy
- DRS, pixel hit/error, aliasing and macro blocking fixes
- Video dubbing, editing, standards conversion, pre-processing, compression and quality assurance testing.
- Audio editing, restoration, conversion, encoding and quality assurance testing.
- Machine and system configuration, connection and troubleshooting.
- Individual must be able to compress audio and video to an acceptable degree while remaining within file size constraints.
- Individual must efficiently utilize various audio and video production tools (audio/video tape machines, compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, etc.).
- Individual must utilize sound audible and visual judgment during the performance of daily duties.
- Ensure work assignments, their status and disposition are timely and accurately recorded in operations systems.
- Engage in on-going training programs as necessary.
- Must effectively analyze and communicate information in order to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge, and skill-set:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a post-production environment
- Full working knowledge and experience with Final Cut Pro 7, FCPX, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite, Avid, Clipster, Transkoder (IMF Creation) and all tape formats
- Mac and PC knowledge is required
- In-depth knowledge of video theory, with In-depth knowledge of file codecs, wrappers, frame rates, and conversions
- Follow instructions and handle multiple projects in busy production environment
- Must possess a high level of written, verbal, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Must be a self-motivator with the ability to make decisions independently
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and contribute to the team environment
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented
- Must be computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), internet, and server savvy
- Willingness to work overtime and adjust working hours/shifts or work days to accommodate client needs including nights and weekends when needed
Please send along any resumes you may have. Just to reiterate, they are looking for someone that has some exposure to billing, but not necessarily someone who has been an analyst or accountant.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.