Content Moderation Tool Administrator at Zwift
Do you like online gaming and the sense of community that it provides? Are you passionate about keeping communities safe and fun for all? Are you willing to investigate bad actors on an online platform, take action to individually stop them, and prevent those things from happening again by others? If so, we’d like to chat!
Who We are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Content Moderation Tool Administrator with a strong background in using tools and processes to support a safe online community. The Administrator will work alongside our Account Specialist, to implement the tool, administer the rules, monitor the UGC, and escalate issues as needed. Success in this position will be to support a sustainable community for millions of members, all who will get to enjoy the same rewarding, meaningful experience and fun of our platform. Success will also come from someone who can see the bad in the world, and forget it after it’s been addressed.
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make More People. More Active. More Often. The Zwift platform mixes the intensity of training with the immersive and engaging play of gaming. Ride or run virtual worlds with a motivating community in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny shores of Long Beach, California in 2014, we have grown to over 300 Watopians (that’s what we call our employees) and have locations in New York and London.
Not anywhere close to those cities or interested in relocating? Ask us about a remote option. We are willing to consider remote opportunities where it makes sense because we’re here to disrupt the fitness industry!
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are a creative, innovative, and passionate team. Where world-class talent can do their best work while having fun. Elevating teammates and looking within to always level up is deep in Zwift's DNA. Zwift's inclusive, "One Zwift for All" value is something that is worked on daily. And bringing your authentic voice is expected. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Ready to join our growing community?
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
Working Closely With Our Account Specialist, You'll Be Responsible For:
- Learning the sensitive nuances of our Zwift brand tone and how we define a safe and inclusive environment for our members.
- Implementing the tool to monitor, track performance, and report on trends of user generated content
- Identifying, investigating, escalating and handling sensitive user generated content for immediate actions
- Recommending text filters and administering rules which reinforce a safe community platform for our members
- Documenting workflows and communication plans around moderation
- Creating future iteration, roadmapping and deployment.for the Content Moderation service as a whole
- Building and sustaining productive relationships with subject matter experts and stakeholders to evolve use of Content Moderation Tools
You'll Have These Skills and Experiences:
- 1-3 years of customer service experience, including monitoring user generated content in online communities
- Proven ability to investigate problems, use good judgement and convey technical findings clearly, both in written and verbal forms
- Strong attention-to-detail to create and document processes and procedures.
- Ability to take direction and work independently to implement changes in our products, tools and/or operations
- An inquisitive nature to comprehend emerging technology quickly
- Ability to quickly shift gears and manage shifting priorities in our dynamic environment
- Relevant experience working alongside technical resources including development, design and product managers
- Experience with CleanSpeak, Kustomer, or other support tools
- Bilingual and/or global service experience
- Passion for online gaming and social media
- Cycling, running and/or indoor training equipment knowledge
- Experienced Zwifter
Of course we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.