Sr Gameplay Traversal Animator
Playstation (Santa Monica)
1 week ago
• Work closely with the Gameplay Design and Gameplay Engineering teams during the pre-visualization process, assisting both with traversal and character navigation 3D pre-vis. Focus on nailing character movement models, feel and responsiveness of each traversal move with the Gameplay Director, Animation Director and Gameplay Animation Lead.
• Assemble and prepare navigation, traversal, and world interactive moves for shooting on the motion capture stage.
• Assist with mocap shoots, informing the stage crew of level metrics, navigation speeds/distances, checking for all assets needed to complete navigation sets.
• Assemble, edit, clean up, and enhance motion capture data shot on stage while staying true to the characters’ personality. Collaborate with the Animation Lead, Design Director, Gameplay Director, Animation Director, and Lead Combat Designer to achieve the perfect balance between animation fidelity and gameplay responsiveness.
• Animate non-mocapped characters, creatures, and props by keyframing their movement model and navigation sets.
• Work closely with Combat Designers and Gameplay Programmers to integrate moves into the game engine, monitoring and troubleshooting any technical issues that might arise.
• Give concise and timely feedback to outsourcing teams when needed.