Chicago-based tech accelerator REach announced its upcoming class today. Seven companies will make up the new class, including LA-based AssetAvenue, an online peer-to-peer lending platform for the commercial real estate industry.
“This year’s REach class is made up of truly phenomenal organizations that are innovating both within and beyond the real estate space,” Dale Stinton, president of SCV and NAR CEO, said in a statement. “The entrepreneurial spirit and energy that this class embodies will resonate greatly with the NAR community. We are looking forward to introducing the new class to NAR’s 1 million members while providing the companies with access to experts and influencers in the real estate, insurance, mortgage and financial services industries.”
The REach program is supported by Second Century Ventures and focuses on real estate and related industries ranging from seed stage to mid-size startups. The class has raised over $35M in total financings and total valuation exceeds $125M. The REach program aims to move these organizations rapidly forward beyond their initial successes through education, mentorship and market exposure.
Other companies include:
- Guard Llama (Chicago): A mobile personal security system that expedites the 9-1-1 dispatching process when dialing 9-1-1 is not possible.
- BoostUp (Detroit): Helps people save for a down payment on their next car or home by offering a dollar-for-dollar match on their savings from brand partners, family and friends.
- Loop & Tie (Austin, Texas and New York): Simplifies personalized gifting for businesses to help promote brands, win business and build goodwill.
- NotaryCam (Newport Beach, CA): Provides companies and individuals with the ability to have documents notarized online from anywhere in the world, at any time, by a network of certified, licensed notaries.
- Pro.com (Seattle): A home services marketplace that helps homeowners price out projects and matches them with a certified “pro” in their area that can get the job done.
- TermScout (Denver): An intelligence application for business-to-business sales professionals.
Past classes have doubled their customer base on average and collectively raised over $34 million in financing both during and after completing the program.
Second Century Ventures is the strategic investment arm of The National Association of Realtors.
Have a tip for us or know of a company that deserves coverage? Email us via [email protected]