Digital Ventures is a corporate investment and venture development firm dedicated to inventing, building and launching category-changing businesses at start-up speed for the world’s most influential companies. We host a diverse range of professionals, who are building businesses, creating and expanding markets and developing new technologies.
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for building the data foundation, products and capabilities that drive business growth
- Build innovative data products (e.g., real-time services, such as personalization and commerce graphing using Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering, senior stakeholders.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the BCG Digital Ventures team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
- Techniques like: Machine Learning, NLP, Graph Theory, AI
- One or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, or Scala
- A MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas
- Leading and managing a team of data scientists
- Delivering data science components that are part of successful commercial products
- Collaborating with engineering teams to develop prototypes and software products that can be deployed across varied environments (e.g.: cloud, on-premises, devices, etc.)
- Big Data and Fast Data (i.e.: real time streaming)
- Working with clients and executives
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related area
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience, including expertise in recommendation systems, personalization, collaborative filtering and content based filtering
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.