VICE PRESIDENT, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
We’re on a mission to build a better bathroom. We started with razors way back in 2011, and now millions and millions of Members later, we’ve expanded into shave products, skin care, hair styling, with more to come. We’re always growing and reinventing, and we rely on killer talent to help us achieve our goal of owning the bathroom. If you’re a team-playing innovator, you’ll fit right in. A sense of humor helps, too.
We are seeking a VP, Product Development who will oversee the development of DSC’s products and packaging, ensuring timely execution of all plans. This position will manage a team of specialists across product development and packaging and be responsible for the development, organization, and implementation of all new product development and innovation. The VP, Product Development will play an integral role as part of the Innovation Leadership Team, aligning with respective marketing, creative and operations leadership on all key initiatives required to meet and exceed business plans.
- Identify creative, innovative and relevant product category opportunities to facilitate the continued growth of our grooming portfolio globally
- Anticipate, identify and internally communicate potential business risks and offer strategic and tactical options to meet goals
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with all cross-functional teams
- Direct and develop Product Development team, providing inspirational leadership in order to drive the development of the team, attract top talent, and align capabilities with current and future business needs
- Manager the yearly budget and tactical product development portfolio
- Establish partnerships with key outside resources (suppliers, contractors, academia, etc.) to help enhance the value of our products
- Develop and maintain knowledge of global market competitors as input into portfolio strategy
- Source top notch innovation for all programs
- 10+ years of prior experience with cosmetic product development
- 5+ years experience managing, developing and leading a team
- BS or BA; or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional people manager, driving growth and high-performance in individuals and teams
- Effective in driving vendor partnerships
- Can-do, positive infectious attitude and leadership style
- Relentless, creative, scrappy problem-solver
- Poise and capability in presenting to executives
- Dynamic, flexible personality; capable of changing on-demand and innovating rapidly
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and dig-in
Dollar Shave Club is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation: Dollar Shave Club provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Dollar Shave Club will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Dollar Shave Club will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.
Thank you for considering a career with Dollar Shave Club