Technical Solutions Engineer (Post-Sales)
Do you love data, technology, and problem solving? Join us at Factual, where we’re hard at work organizing and optimizing the world’s location information.
We are looking for someone to join the Partner Services - Licensing team, which is the team responsible for growing the partnership and revenue of our Licensing clients (which include large customers like Facebook, MasterCard, and Uber, as well as small developer-led startups). The Customer Service Engineer (Licensing) will work closely with Strategic Partner Managers and Account Managers on the Partner Services - Licensing team to support our clients on using Factual products.
In this client facing position, you will bring your technical acumen to bear when engaging with customers. You will help Client-Side Business Development, Product, and Engineering executives understand Factual’s products and how an integration with Factual would work to solve their business challenges. You will solve issues for clients by combining your business knowledge and strong technical assessment skills. In this role, you will drive revenue by actively developing and maintaining a high‐performing team and continually seeking creative methods for improving team performance. You will interact directly with customers all the way to the CTO level: resolve high-profile critical issues, improve the client experience and drive initiatives that increase their likelihood of success with our products.
- Investigate and solve problems related to our clients’ use of Factual’s products
- Manage and improve technical projects
- Propose out-of-the-box strategies based on data-driven insights
- Explain integration pathways, gather technical requirements, deliver demos, and potentially scope out costs associated with requested custom work.
- Present complex technical solutions to clients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Expertise in a programming language of choice (Java, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience in either the Android or iOS (Objective-C) ecosystems
- Expertise with Unix and the command line.
- Experience integrating third-party frameworks. We have a practical attitude towards build vs. buy.
Desired Skills (lack of experience in some areas is easily offset by expertise on others):
- Knowledge of statistics, data science, or machine learning
- Experience with Hadoop/MapReduce
- Knowledge and experience with location, mobile, or mobile advertising
- Experience with SQL and/or querying MongoDB or Solr Indexes
Cover letters will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!