Technical QA Tester - Unreal Engine 4
Survios, the developer of the best-selling game Raw Data for the HTC Vive, has an opening for a full-time Technical QA Tester to work with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a tremendous passion for virtual reality video games and applications. For entry level candidates, this position is an excellent way to break into the game development industry. Candidates should have some experience working with Unreal Engine 4 as well as a technical background, including an Associate or Bachelors Computer Science or Information Technology Degree.
- Test and debug pre-released game software for software bugs and platform compliance violations
- Document program defects into bug tracking databases
- Perform regression testing, verifying claimed bug fixes
- Install, set-up and maintain VR hardware and equipment including the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and PlayStation VR systems.
- Set up and demo VR games to clients and other individuals.
- Minimum 2 years experience as video game QA tester or video game developer.
- Experience with Atlassian product suite including JIRA, HipChat and Confluence.
- Experience with bug tracking databases like DevTrack, DevTest, Jira and/or Bugzilla
- Basic understanding of PlayStation 4, Xbox One and/or PC testing
- Experience using PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Valve products.
- High School graduate or equivalent required; Associate degree and additional college coursework preferred
- Passion for Virtual Reality video games and supporting game development infrastructure.
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 development environment.
- Experience installing, setting up and using VR hardware and equipment like the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and/or PlayStation VR systems.
- Experience with PS4 Compliance testing
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field.