Senior Software Engineer (Android)
Procore’s web application is an all-in-one solution for construction project management. Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.4), ReactJS, PostgreSQL (9.4), on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore’s tools on Android, iOS and Windows.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Refactor existing code to improve performance
- Debug application to fix crashes
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Mentor junior engineers
- Tackle some of our recent challenges including memory usage and offline sync
- Experiment with emerging technologies to solve unique and interesting problems in the construction industry. Some of these technologies have included Project Tango, Google Glass, Android Wear and Android TV
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of recent Android development experience
- Fluent in Java
- Experience with Android SDK, Networking, Storage and graphics
- Have published at least one Android app in the Play Store
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Expert debugging skills
- Experience working with RESTful APIs using XML and JSON
- Open source library
- Experience with OpenGL ES
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.