Senior Full Stack Engineer - Python
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Python
The internet is experiencing a transformation – ad blindness and blocking are forcing media companies and advertisers to rethink the way they connect with consumers. This evolution is changing the way we consume content and how we interact with brands. Nativo is enabling this shift by developing the new technologies, data insights, and best practices that will power this next generation of media and advertising.
Nativo, the leading content advertising technology platform, empowers brand advertisers and publishers to reach consumers and measure their engagement with content. For brands, Nativo provides the ultimate technology for intelligently deploying content at scale. For media companies, Nativo is a complete tech stack built from the bottom-up to deliver content and native placements within publisher sites. From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and growing rapidly. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.
Who are you?
Do you have experience working with high-availability, large-scale applications and like tackling big challenges? The Senior Full Stack Engineer, will be an integral part of the effort to develop our next generation platform. We want people who have a passion for leveraging technology and software to solve problems and maximize productivity and efficiency.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer implements features and improvements to our main web application and related services using code that is testable. This team member is on the Web Engineering team, one of four engineering teams within Nativo.
Our current stack includes: Python 3, Flask, Redis, ElasticSearch, MSSQL, Celery, NodeJS, AngularJS, D3, Bootstrap, LESS, and Grunt
- Design and develop our next generation native advertising platform
- Be part of the design and architecture decision making
- Be part of a tech driven passionate team that is eager to keep producing amazing products built upon superb technology infrastructure
- Help build our SaaS web app and related services
- Coordinate with other engineering teams to insure our systems have zero downtime
- Work with the product team and stake holders to build the best possible product
- Work in an agile environment with two week sprints
- Participate in code reviews, sprint demos, and retrospectives
- Vast knowledge in Python and Python libraries/frameworks such as Flask, SQL, Alchemy etc.
- Knowledge in both SQL databases (preferably MySQL) and No-SQL databases (such as MongoDB, Memcached)
- More than 5 years of experience in developing LAMP based web applications
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Git and Git workflow is a plus
- Understanding of software engineering best practices and object-oriented designs
- Knowledge and experience with using open source products
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about programming and technology
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to reach out and get the work done with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
What we offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.