Senior Frontend Engineer
At GoGuardian, we pride ourselves on bringing the very best talent to empower millions of student lives in the most impactful way. Our engineering team is built on principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration to meet business demands without sacrificing elements that make engineers unique.
With the rapidly growing requirements of our 4 million -and counting- users, we're in growth mode – that’s why we need you. GoGuardian is hiring passionate front-end engineers to work closely with designers, user-experience experts, and our talented engineering team to architect and build out our user interface while maintaining the service and data layers which build our client facing applications. GoGuardian’s applications are hallmarked by high performance, ease-of-use, and flexibility. In some cases, you may need to traverse up the stack and understand how and where our large data sets live.
- Create and build stateful web applications that retrieve/render data from a variety of sources
- Collaborate with Design and UX to create and iterate on customer-facing tools
- Define and develop data contracts and pathways alongside fellow engineers
- Manage deliverables against deadlines and milestones with the engineering and product teams
- Effectively document and communicate results to the broader engineering team
- Stay up to date on current trends in web apps
- BS in in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with HTTP/SQL
- Familiarity with Webpack is a big plus!
- Solid understanding of how to manipulate the APIs for retrieving data
- Mastery of writing super clean, error checking code in React/Redux & SASS/CSS
- Working knowledge of basic Unix commands & Git, or comparable VCS
- Experience taking a project/idea full life cycle; from design phase to deployment, and into implementation
- Flexible mindset to pitch in and do what’s needed to drive success
What You'll Need
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal and oral / written communication skills to effectively communicate and understand complex ideas with other engineers
- Problem Solving: Stellar troubleshooting skills to operate and maintain software systems in production
- Design: Experience building, deploying, and operating high-scale web applications
- Agile: Ability to work effectively in an agile environment
- Results: A results-oriented mindset with the abilities to self-motivate and learn quickly
As GoGuardian continues our growth, we need creative and dedicated engineers on our team. If this job sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description