SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER
We are looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer who will support the Linux infrastructure within TeleSign Operations as we build a highly virtualized and distributed transaction processing platform. The systems administration team, working in conjunction with development team, employs a DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of deployment of TeleSign’s products and infrastructure.
The Operations team environment includes staff in Marina del Rey, CA, and Belgrade, Serbia, team members must be detailed oriented, demonstrate good risk management based decision making, and bring innovative, reliable solutions to challenges and problems alike. Successful candidates will possess strong Linux technical skills, and proven DevOps experience. Candidates must self-motivate and demonstrate drive to research assigned tasks and issues working independently or in a team environment as needed.
The role includes on-call responsibilities on a rotation shared with the global Operations and Systems Administration teams.
- Build, implement and maintain the virtual machines using DevOps tools, process and procedures
- Provide systems administration support for production and testing environments. This includes troubleshooting and improving existing infrastructure and processes
- Insure TeleSign’s availability SLAs are met through highly available and redundant infrastructure
- Effectively utilize internal ticketing system to manage work load and provide regular status updates on assigned projects and tickets
- Provide technical support to Engineering, Client Services and other organizations as needed.
- Use available tools to monitor, manage and track system performance to insure customer satisfaction and provide data in support of customer queries and feed to performance and capacity planning.
- Work with TeleSign security team to maintain the security and integrity of the network and systems.
- 5+ years designing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues with Apache-based servers in a multi-tiered and service-oriented application architecture requiring 24x7 availability
- 3 - 5+ years’ experience with DevOps configuration management and automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef), Jenkins) 3 - 5+ years in supporting systems using several of the following:
- Virtualized environments (VMWare, AWS, Rackspace)
- Linux based databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Networked Storage (EMC, Pure)
- Proficiency in bash scripting as well as an additional language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Solid understanding of basic networking design (VLANs, IPSec, and load balancing).
- Ability to work independently as well as with others, depending on scope of assignments.
- Capable of multitasking, prioritize multiple assignments, work with managers to delegate tasks to peers perform research independently
- Ability to speak and write clear English in order to facilitate clear, unambiguous communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools such as VMware VSphere, EMC VNX Unisphere, Veeam
- Familiarity with Nginx, Icinga, Thruk, Django, Python, Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery, Logstash, Kibana, Windows, Asterisk PBX, SIP and/or SMPP protocols.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.