Digital Media Planner - LA
Greater LA Area
About the Job
We are looking for a detailed, organized and experienced Digital Media Sales Planner with the desire and ability to work in a high energy, demanding, and constantly challenging environment of a start-up company. This person will prepare and deliver insightful and strategic proposal documents, encompassing our full suite of media, hardware, and SAAS offerings for both Brands and Agencies by working cross-functionally with Ad Ops, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Product teams.
- Be the point person for the Sales and Client Strategy team for product, operational, and finance-related questions.
- Work with Sellers and Client Strategists to generate proposals (PPT + media plans) in response to RFPs from advertisers and agencies
- Manage creative process with the Creative team for proposals and sharing client objectives and Account Executive feedback
- Assess accurate media forecasts across different products and data
- Follow internal procedures for preparing to launch campaigns
- Prepare internal and external insertion orders
- Provide detailed notes on campaigns to Account Managers for seamless transfer of knowledge
- Create and maintain appropriate proposal templates and materials to be utilized as needed
- Coordinate internal inventory management system and research materials in conjunction with Sales Marketing department
- Must be comfortable in a client-facing role. Strong listening skills are critical in order to help develop proposals that address the needs of our partners
- Stay abreast of industry news and client activity to share with Account Executives
- Minimum of 3-5 years of digital media experience
- At least 1 year of experience as a Sales Planner or Coordinator
- Dynamic, flexible, hard-working and highly organized
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong Google doc, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Understanding of Agency landscape
- Prior experience as a Media Planner or Assistant Planner at an Ad Agency, Digital Publisher, or Ad Tech company preferred
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using its own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
● 7 Years in development
● $90M Invested
● Over 10,000 end customers
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star line up.
● Voted “Silicon Beach Startup of the Year” for 2018 by ThinkLA
● Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017
● “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
● “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
Benefits and Perks
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Company paid Life and Disability insurance
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan
- Subsidized gym membership
- Referral bonus program
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Dog-friendly office
Read Full Job Description