We are looking for an inspiring, people-centric product leader to join GoGuardian. GoGuardian is a rapidly growing Ed-tech company dedicated to helping K-12 schools create safer more effective digital learning environments. Our vision is to unleash curiosity in the classroom, and make sure digital devices are used as effectively as possible. This individual will play a central role in guiding, mentoring, and developing an product team ready to carry out this challenge. GoGuardian is backed by Sumeru Equity Partners (SEP), a $1.1 billion technology-focused, middle-market private equity fund whose strategy is to partner with management teams to build market leaders and accelerate growth.
The VP Product is responsible for all developing and overseeing the product management and product design teams. They will work collaboratively with the CPO on a strategy for product vision and product-fit readiness. This dedicated leader will nurture the product vision, encourage a strong team culture, and drive alignment with the company’s growth targets and mission. The VP Product will be an experienced and inspiring leader with excellent people skills, technical acumen, and an exemplary work ethic. The ideal individual will have a long history of building lasting customer relationships, fostering high-performing teams, implementing change management and the technical know-how to imagine, curate, and identify differentiating opportunities. We’re looking for someone who knows how to build exceptional product experiences that delight users.
What You'll Do
- Shape and steer a strong product vision and drive product strategy. Maintain a deep understanding of our users’ needs, market opportunities, competitive set, latest technology advancements, and business objectives in order to develop the product roadmap in support of the company vision
- Coach and mentor the Product organization to support Guardians in leveling up to the demands of a scaling organization
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are consistently met. Create reliable processes to ensure that teams execute rapidly and effectively
- Demonstrated expertise in product planning, customer discovery, and product development processes
- Lead and level-up their teams through mentorship, guidance and professional development
- Utilize visionary skills to inspire efforts to prepare for previously unidentified challenges. Instill passion for creative solutions in the face of uncertainty
- Recommend technological developments and improvements on efficiency
- Implement systems and processes to support the team in efficiently deploying quality end products
- Create accountability by developing appropriate OKR metrics and performance expectations
- Demonstrate and reinforce GoGuardian’s core values
- Ability to work with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, consultants and corporate leaders, requiring negotiation skills over extremely critical matters. Influences long-term vision and strategy of corporate consequence. Raises awareness and organizational excitement for the product strategy.
- Assist in recruiting and attracting top talent
- Prepare and optimize budgets
- Reports to CPO
Who You Are
- Proven results as a VP Product or a similarly relevant role required
- An empathetic leader, comfortable leading teams in high growth environments
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow best-in-class product organizations
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly between strategic visioning to tactical operations
- Passion for user experience and design. A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of holding self and others accountable.
- Proven problem solving skill set that is developed enough to ensure that decisions do not inadvertently create adverse consequences in other areas of the business
- Ability to create a robust culture within the Product organization
- Demonstrated ability to inspire great working relationships and results within matrixed and traditional teams
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required. Ability to represent the company in external forums, conferences, and customer meetings.
- Curiosity, an open mind and a leader who’s heart is aimed at the success of the team, the company, and our customers
What We Offer
- Opportunity to impact and revolutionize safe digital learning experiences for K-12 students
- Partner with enthusiastic and talented colleagues who are compelled to do good in the world
- Weekly yoga classes and guided aromatherapy meditation
- Annual personal growth stipend for continued learning
- Grow and scale with one of the fastest growing EdTech companies
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.