Dave is a banking app on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. To date, we've helped more than 11 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work, and build credit—and we're just getting started. We believe in a world where everyone has access to financial opportunity and the ability to reach their personal financial goals. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck.
As a virtual-first company, there is no preference on where we get our work done. You are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
We are looking for a VP of Banking Products to lead our banking products line. You should have a track record of success in hiring, coaching and empowering product teams. Communication and cross-functional collaboration is critically important, especially in our virtual first environment. You are accountable for the success of your products, even if you don’t control all the teams contributing to that success. So you must be comfortable and confident in influencing your colleagues without authority. You should lead and influence your colleagues through building relationships and leveraging data. Critical to your success will be your ability to build productive collaborative relationships not only within product development with Design and Engineering, but also with Data, Marketing, Product Marketing, Business Operations, Member Success, Compliance, People, Legal and Risk.
You will be responsible for setting the long-term strategy of your product portfolio, while also leading your team through the near-term strategy, execution and performance against your objectives and KPIs. You should also understand the difference between product feature delivery teams and empowered product teams, and strive to foster the latter - an empowered product team culture.
What You'll Do:
- Define and be accountable for product metrics, objectives, and key results
- Lead product planning for the banking products team including OKR development and roadmapping
- You, your team and your colleagues will deliver new innovations and improved customer experiences, resulting in our product looking dramatically different in the years ahead
- Facilitate and navigate conversations cross-functionally and at the executive level to gain alignment on strategy, OKRs and roadmap priorities
- Partner with Business Development and Corporate Strategy to conduct opportunity assessments for new products and features
- Partner closely with your data team colleagues to produce dashboards for your product KPIs, but also provide actionable insights to the entire organization
- Leverage data in everything you do - communicating, prioritizing and building
- Become a qualitative and quantitative expert on our customers and their use of our products
- Customer success and customer outcomes should be the primary lens through which you view your work
- Lean in and lean out, with the ability to be both tactical and strategic as needed
- Manage up and manage down. With the executive team, report on product KPI performance and align on roadmap priorities. With your team, set objectives, empower your team and hold them accountable
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management
- 3+ years leading product teams and managing product managers
- Deep FinTech and banking product experience and expertise
- Prior experience at a high-growth startup is preferred
- Ability to foster empathy for customers whose daily life, circumstances, and needs might be very different than your own
- You should have a strong track record of partnering with engineering and product design to ship releases that move the needle on your KPIs, delivering value for both the business and our customers
- We expect you to have strong analytical skills, communicate exceptionally well, embrace navigating complexity and ambiguity, and have a humble mindset to always be open to both learning and teaching
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Unlimited PTO and generous company holidays
• Company laptop and home office stipend
• Personal financial advisor
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.