Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: VP of Content
If you’ve ever taken an online course, you already know that 99% of them suck. The world has the ability to create incredible cinematic experiences, but the status quo for online education is having a dry, uninspiring instructor talk to the camera for hours on end. In an ice cream parlor of unlimited flavors, everyone else has opted for vanilla. We have our eye on the mint triple chocolate chip birthday cake cookie dough with strawberry whipped cream and banana nut sprinkles.
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator company, and went through the startup accelerator in summer 2016. We've raised around $2M to date in venture funding, and are currently profitable. We create cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content -- and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
For us, design is not a luxury -- it’s a necessity. Our mission to create the world’s best online courses is not just about course content and production quality. In order to truly set our students up for success, we believe we need to utilize design as a learning instrument to help our students learn. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a designer with a strong background in solving complex design and experience problems. As a UX/Product Designer, you will work directly with our product team and collaborate in our entire product design lifecycle; from ideation and wireframing, to high fidelity and implementation. You’ll be working on improving our core product, and coming up with elegant solutions to build the best online learning platform in the world.
- Improve our students’ learning experience by creating seamless, simple and intuitive experiences on our core platform
- Collaborate with Product to brainstorm on product concepts, creating wireframes and assisting with user stories and feature prioritization
- Conduct in-depth analysis and research of our customers’ experience with our platform and understand pain points with our current interactions
- Create UX deliverables; including sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and other artifacts
- Prototype interactive experiences that can be presented to, and tested by, users to validate designs
- Work with engineering and QA during planning, implementation and testing to ensure design quality
- 3+ years of experience as a UI/UX or Product Designer creating products that demonstrate your ability to solve complex problems and craft meaningful experiences
- Expert level proficiency with programs equivalent to: Adobe PS, Sketch, Illustrator, Figma, etc
- Experience working with UX/UI, user research, wireframes, and product development
- Experience working from ideation with product to development with engineering to implement your designs
- Impeccable communication and work product
Additionally, you might be a good fit if…
- You have experience designing learning management systems (LMS) or video/media platforms
- You are the most detail-oriented person you know
- You have experience growing a design team and/or mentoring junior designers
- You dream about how you would redesign your favorite apps
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs; catered meals, unlimited PTO, and a full suite of benefits never hurt either. Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $90,000-130,000 annually.