Technical Product Specialist at sweetgreen
This is an interesting opportunity to apply the years of education and short-lived internships in becoming an expert at the crossroads of technology and the retail/hospitality industry but not limited to. Technology has been disrupting many industries and retail/hospitality is no exception. This role will be fixated on understanding the technology products that are a driving force in hospitality. Some might be older but constantly evolving and some new that they only exist as a prototype in a garage somewhere, and many others inbetween. The responsibility will be to fully understand all aspects of the relevant products sweetgreen leverages including hardware, software, network (wired/wireless), OS, product configuration, functionality. They will also work closely with product engineering group internal or external to drive the testing of new functionality as well as being a feedback loop from the userbase.
We are seeking a technologist who are curious by nature and possess uncanny knack for understanding products through thinking in systems.
Purpose of Position: Responsible for evaluating/implementing/configuring/documenting/maintaining relevant technology products being used at sweetgreen and evaluated to be used in the future.
Become the technology product specialistPrimary Job Responsibilities:
- QSR ConnectSmart Kitchen
- PAR Brink POS
- Programming using available extensibility utilities
- Investigating and understanding any and all interfaces
- Researching visualization capabilities
- Rational Oven (technology)
- Participate in new product evaluation and prototype building
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues with the product
- Participate in strategic roadmap for products
- Document the journey in becoming an expert technical product specialist
- Relevant education in technology: computer science, engineering, information systems, mathematics, sciences(i.e. biology/chemistry)
- Internships with emphasis on technology
- Excellent observation and documentation skills capturing details
- Foundational understanding of systems
- Excellent written, verbal skills and interpersonal communication
- Provide samples : technical documentations/diagrams
- Proficient in usage of the following technologies:
- Windows, MacOS, G-Suite, Jira, Slack, Confluence, Box, MS-Office, diagramming tool
- One or more of information-collection methods: OneNote, Evernote, Excel
- Basic Understanding of:
- Systems Architecture
- IoT, Cloud
Nice to have:
- Any experience in service sector industry
- Can work independently and self-driven with little guidance
About sweetgreen: sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we're committed to leaving people better than we found them. We're in the business of feeding people, and we're out to change what that means
About sweetgreen Technology: sweetgreen technology is setting the bar for innovation in operational excellence and guest experience. Sweetgreen intends to disrupt the restaurant industry by leveraging technology to connect people with real food.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.