Technical Product Manager
Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
Renew Health is seeking an experienced and technically-proficient product manager who is passionate about building highly scalable and complex systems, from data services used by internal teams to the pipelines that connect Renew’s core infrastructure with our partners.
Reporting to our Head of Product, the Technical Product Manager will work closely with engineering to architect and deliver the building blocks of Renew’s infrastructure and will serve as the main product contact for our external data and integration partners.
- Work closely with engineers to define product requirements, establish milestones, and manage the technical development and implementation of our internal data services
- Be the main product point of contact for our integration partners -- manage external stakeholder expectations, timelines, and drive technical discussions between groups
- Deliver tools and process improvements that enable both internal and external teams to operate more efficiently
- Have a deep understanding of how Renew’s core systems work from a technical and operational standpoint. Be able to identify unnecessary complexity or unmet dependencies and proactively provide potential solutions
- Ensure projects have appropriate tests and have passed all aspects of QA prior to release
- Communicate project status and timelines effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
Qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of technical product experience, ideally in a high-growth startup environment
- Healthcare experience is highly preferred, especially in the payor space
- Strong technical background and familiarity with backend system architectures, including ETL/data processing pipelines and RESTful APIs
- Demonstrated experience optimizing workflows and technology integrations
- Practical experience working with remote teams and external vendors
- Ability to deliver complex products on tight, inflexible deadlines
- Strong/proven analytical skills, with a track record of using data and metrics to support decisions, develop business use cases, set roadmap priorities
- Desire to join an early-stage company with a bold vision for making a fundamental transformation in a historically-fraught area of the healthcare industry
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
- Willingness to relocate to Los Angeles (if living elsewhere)