Technical Product Manager at Tala
Lead software engineering initiatives that are key to achieving our mission to unlock financial access, choice, and control for the underserved. You will lead a team to deliver the platforms and tools that form the foundation of future financial services, empower developers, and extend access globally.
- Deliver and set strategy for technically complex initiatives (e.g. platform distribution, integration of new data sources), that impact global engineering hubs..
- Lead engineering squads to align, prioritize, and execute roadmap against KPIs
- Collaborate with the broader PM community on strategy, dependencies, and creating a center of excellence.
- Map the interdependencies between multiple services and build roadmaps that incorporate impacts to each.
- Develop product specs that minimize assumptions and ambiguity for developers.
- Global travel may be required.
- 3+ years product experience in technical product management; consumer mobile, emerging markets, payments experience a plus
- Curiosity, empathy for engineers, and passion for emerging technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to build the business case for technical improvements.
- Effective communicator that listens, motivates, and inspires with strong cross-functional leadership and understanding
- Fluency in Agile practices, and defining testing plans and success metrics
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “user first”
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.