Technical Product Manager
We’re looking for a humble, but ambitious, razor-sharp Technical Product Manager who can seamlessly translate product vision to technical execution. Like us, you take product development, data driven product design, analytics, ML and AI powered platforms seriously; you’re passionate about technology enabled products and, even more so, about enabling team excellence. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. That’s where you come in.
Why We Need This Role
We are currently seeking for someone who can drive technical product vision and development of platform services. Our selection process will emphasize technical SDLC and product development skills as well as leadership/process/organizational skills equally. The ideal candidate must be seasoned in technical product management with past experience in commercial software development.
Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that the ideal candidate must be able to inspire, champion and teach when the need arises. We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading by influence without necessarily having formal authority. Last, we are looking for a rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of technically astute engineers and product astute product management leaders.
First Six Month Deliverables
- Develop and drive execution of technical product strategy for a platform service
- Define and update technical product roadmap that guides short-term execution and informs long-term planning across supported products and systems
- Collaborate with engineering on process and technology decisions to create high-performing team environment to accelerate delivery
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken
- 2+ plus years solid experience in and expert understanding of technical product and project management leadership in globally geo distributed environments, including at least 1 year of experience with cloud based ecosystems, preferably with emphasis on microservices/API integrations.
- Previous experience with and understanding of commercial / structured software engineering
- CS degree required or equivalent work experience
- Ability to speak “tech,” yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion with senior technical, product or executive leadership
- Very experienced with Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid understanding of SDLC fundamentals
- Working understanding of SQL and strong understanding of data-driven product development concepts
- Basic understanding of Pivotal Tracker or Jira like tools, GitHub, CD/CI and IDE tools
- Previous experience with or good understanding of PaaS platforms is a plus
- Health and Wellness benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generous vacation and time off benefits including paid holidays
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a beautiful office space the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it
- Mission-driven company that is making the world a better place