Sr/Director of Product, Driver Experience at NEXT Trucking
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:52 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As a Sr/Director of Product, Driver Experience, you will build and lead a high performing product management team. You will formulate long-term product strategy, help craft our product roadmap that gets us there. You will coach and teach product managers, while delivering extraordinary products and experiences. You will serve as a central hub of communication for the company, continually engaging senior executives, customers, and other stakeholders in a discussion about what to build next, and why.
What You'll Do
- You will lead planning and drive the development of a mobile and Web software applications for drivers and fleets.
- You will provide thought leadership and drive fundamental product innovations
- You will define and evangelize high impact roadmap opportunities with executives, business leaders and engineers.
- You will partner cross-functionally and contribute leadership to the development and continual optimization of a carrier acquisition and onboarding funnel.
- You will work with designers, engineers and data scientists to build, test, ship and market experiments and projects
- You will lead and influence cross-functional teams in achieving business outcomes
- You will obsess about shippers, carriers, and other customers and users, eliciting customer needs and developing insights that inform product development
- You will take full responsibility for the user experience and commercial success of your products
- You will lead by example, helping to craft a mission-driven, performance culture.
What You'll Have
- You have 10+ years of Product Management experience working in fast-paced tech companies, including 5+ years of team leadership
- You have high customer empathy, with a desire to improve customers’ lives
- You are flexible and can quickly adapt to unexpected changes
- You are industrious and self-motivated
- You are data-driven and consistently leverage data to make decisions
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels
- You are technical or have aptitude and willingness to learn
- You are a collaborative team player
- Experience working effectively with remote/offshore teams
- Experience in transportation, logistics, and supply chain industries
- Experience in venture-backed startups or other hyper-growth environments
Nice To Have:
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description