Sr. Product Manager
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, control and data science. Our ambition is to invent, inspire, and reshape how the world thinks about and interacts with artificial light. We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as INC 500 and Deloitte’s Fast 500 for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
We are looking for a Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager to help us bring innovative architectural linear lighting technologies to market that solve many of the industries constraints and points of friction. These technologies will be incorporated into architectural-specification-grade linear lighting products that will be used by world-renowned lighting designers to create the most beautiful spaces on Earth. In an industry ridden with “me-too” products that just offer more options and no new solutions, this technology is posed to give infinite solutions with few decisions.
- Have a deep understanding of architectural linear lighting products.
- Ownership of assigned products from inception to end of life.
- Become an expert for assigned products.
- Collaborate with every department to ensure the product meets customer and company requirements.
- Educate and train internal and external sales personnel.
- Become the go-to person for their product for any questions or guidance.
- Perform competitive product analysis, conduct user research, figure out the use-cases and map out the opportunity landscape to drive market creation for these technologies and products.
- Partner with program management team to ensure on-time, on-spec and on-budget development.
- Bring this all together to produce insights that drive product and technology roadmap.
You are a fast learner and love to seize the opportunity to learn something new. You can balance diving in deep to establish domain expertise with system level thinking. You are as comfortable talking to an engineering and software team as you are talking with marketing and sales. You have a passion for the human experience and a fascination with how technology can drive improvements. You have a broad interest and/or skill set covering the arts, science, engineering, business and technology that gives you unique insights to turn challenges into opportunities.
- BS or MS in business, engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years of lighting industry experience, focused on architectural linear lighting.
- Experience leading the development of innovative new solutions and products, including identification of customer needs, market opportunity sizing, competitive assessments, business case creation and translating customer and business needs into technical product specifications.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to work with a cross functional a team and communicate effectively
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.